I've had ZERO ideas for anything to write about today, either...
But wait! Hark! What light through yonder inbox breaks? An Award? Yay!
See, fellow northwesterner Buckskins Rule finds me worthy of this:
I am thankful for this recognition for a couple reasons. For one, it's just nice to be appreciated. For another, it also helps allay some fears that Buckskin's the one that has been stalking me. If he thinks I am stylish, that proves conclusively that he has never seen me before nor even been in my zip code. I am NOT stylish. I don't give a crap about style. Neither am I fashionable. I don't give even a tiny fraction of a crap about fashion. So I can scratch Buckskins off my "possible stalker - be ready to singe this person with a traffic flare" list. Phew!
Receiving this award comes with some conditions: I'm supposed to list 7 things about me, then list 15 good blogs I've recently encountered. Those 15 bloggers will then be eligible for this award, if they likewise mention those 7 things and list 15 good blogs. You can do the math... If each of those 15 cite 15 more and so on, that's 15n and n doesn't have to get very big before every last blog on earth has been mentioned. How unfortunate it'll be for that last very blogger to receive this award - the one who realizes that there are no more blogs out there left to forward this award to, and this whole thing has been nothing but a viciously darwinian way of determining who is the very LEAST stylish blogger in the world.
So, here are some things about me that you probably don't know...
- When angered, I do not turn green. The color I turn is really more of a chartreuse than a true green. (Pantone 380C if you happen to have a color swatchbook handy.)
- People get really pissed when they find out I'm secretly a multibillionaire.
- In a parallel universe somewhere, there is a cool version of me - with a goatee. In this reality, though, my face has a "bald spot" that renders a proper goatee quite impossible.
- I exceeded my daily allowance of long rambling punctuationless overly-complicated sentences early this morning but I won't let that stop me I'll just borrow some from the future and let my grandkids pay for it Win the future, baby!
- #5 is still classified. Sometime long after I'm dead and gone, maybe it will be safe to reveal.
- I'm increasingly annoyed by the mooselimbs but not quite chartreuse-annoyed.
- My biggest goal in life is to someday have a rifle cartridge named after me. Something like .772 innomagnum.
- Black or White Is a Choice - Fellow Oregonian, so he gets the #1 spot
- King Shamus - Biting sarcasm, pop culture and KFC Double Downs
- Manhattan Infidel - His imagination knows no bounds
- Max Redline - Another Oregonian. Good coverage of local issues.
- Woodsterman - Been reading him a long time but too funny not to list
- Sentry Journal - Thoughtful news and commentary
- Conservative Hideout - Thoughtful news and commentary and I think Matt is a Steelers fan.
- OregonGuy - Thinking man's blog. Well, most of the time.
- Skunkfeathers - Outsmarting the scam artists.
- teresamerica - Thoughtful news and commentary
- Moogie's World - Life in the Big Easy
- The Javelina Bomb - Funny takes on current events, but aA had to tell me what a Javelina is.
- Pundit Press - News and commentary from the Jumping in Pools crew.
- Fleece Me - Thoughtful news and commentary
- Bob's Blog - He links me a lot which shows he has good taste!